Back to News
Prescriptions from 1st September 2017
Posted on 21 Aug 2017
Important changes to the way “repeat prescriptions” are ordered
What is changing?
If medication is ordered on your behalf by your pharmacy, you will now need to order it yourself directly from your GP surgery and your GP will manage the repeat prescription.
Patient letter waste new.pdf
What do I need to do?
From Friday 1st of September 2017 your surgery will only accept repeat prescription requests from you or your carer. You can request your repeat prescription from the surgery in the following ways:
- At the surgery, using your prescription order form (the list of medication attached to the right hand side of your prescription)
- By post, using the right hand side of your prescription
- On line (please speak to your practice about how to set this up), this is our preferred option as it reduces the chance of prescription errors.
- Telephone for exceptional circumstances
- Via fax – Jacey Practice 0121 733 6892
- Via fax - Dickens Heath 0121 744 0060